Thank you for purchasing Sophie! Below are all the tutorials on getting your new theme set up to look like the demo. Here is a link as well to the demo site that you can view for reference while you’re setting up your new theme!
VIEW LIVE DEMO
How do I install my new theme?
You will first need to have the Genesis framework installed to your site in order for the your new child theme to operate. You will login to your WordPress dashboard and navigation to Appearance>Themes>Install Themes>Upload.
Then browse your computer and locate the genesis.zip file to upload. Once Genesis is installed, you will follow the same steps above to upload your new child theme.
Plugins needed before you get started
- Genesis Enews Extended– This is used for the newslettter/mailing list opt-in areas.
- Genesis Responsive Slider– This is the slider used on the home page if you’d like to use that feature.
- Simple Social Icons– This is used for the social media icons on the sidebar.
- Regenerate Thumbnails– This is used to resize your images to the theme defaults.
How do I install a plugin?
- Navigate to Dashboard>Plugins>Add New
- Search for your plugin or Select upload from the top and upload your zip file
- Click the install now button
- Once done installing, click the ‘Activate plugin’ link.
How do I set up my blog title and tagline?
- Navigate to Settings>General
- Place your blog name in the ‘Site Title’ field
- Place your tagline in the ‘Tagline’ field
How do I upload my own background?
Navigate to Appearance>Background. Select the browse button and upload your background. The theme comes with 4 bonus backgrounds. Unzip the theme folder on your computer and find the images subfolder. You can use any of those patterns.
How do I upload my own logo?
- Create a design that is exactly 360px wide and 140px high. Make sure it has a transparent background.
- Navigate to Dashboard>Appearance>Header
- Click Choose File and search for your saved logo on your computer.
- Upload and save changes.
How do I set up my navigation menu to the right of the logo?
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and create your Custom Menu.
- Click Screen Options in the upper right corner of the Menus page to choose which options you wish to show for your menu items.
- Select the items you wish to add to your menu, and click “Add to Menu”. You can simply drag and drop the items into the order you wish them to appear.
- Save your changes.
- Navigate to Appearance>Widgets and drag the custom menu widget to the header right widget area.
How do I set up the social media icons?
This theme uses the Simple Social Icons Plugin, which can be obtained here or by searching in Dashboard>Plugins>Add New. In your Widgets menu, drag the widget labeled “Simple Social Icons” into a widgetized Area. – The demo displays them in the Primary Sidebar widget area. Configure the widget by choosing a title, icon size and color, and the URLs to your various social profiles. Here is a screenshot of the settings used in the Sophie demo:
How do I set up the slider?
- Navigate to Appearance>Widgets and drag the Genesis Responsive Slider to the Home Featured Widget area.
- Set up the slider settings by navigating to Genesis>Slider Settings and configure the settings like below:
How do I set up my blog to look like the demo?
Here are the theme settings used in the demo. Navigate to Genesis>Theme Settings.
How do I change the color scheme?
Go to Dashboard>Genesis>Theme Settings and select the color you want from the dropdown menu.