terms and conditions
I look forward to working with you on your design projects. Please do take time to read my Terms and Conditions, so that all professional matters may be laid out clearly prior to beginning our work together. Thank you. -- Patricia
- Prior to any design project, clients must answer the Design Questionnaire completely. The link will be sent via email. It is extremely critical in terms of determining the creative direction of the project, so the client must answer all fields in as much detail as possible.
- Each client will also be asked to prepare a carefully curated Pinterest board of his/her visual inspirations.
- As the client, you agree to send over all content that you want to include in your design. This includes text, images/graphics, and other information as needed. These elements (text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork) which you will provide for inclusion in your design project must be your property or must be property that is used with prior permission. Fancy Girl Designs shall not be held liable to any copyright infringement issues that may arise from the client’s misuse of copyrighted property. If you wish these elements to be designed by Fancy Girl Designs, the cost will be factored into the cost of the project.
- The client will pay a 50% downpayment to confirm the order, which also indicates that the client has read and agrees to my Terms & Conditions. The remaining balance will be due when the theme is ready to be installed on your site, or if the graphic design order is finalized and ready to be sent. If the client wishes to add pages, or templates, or even new functionality, the client will be charged depending on the amount of work involved and the deadline will be adjusted accordingly. For some graphic design projects, a full payment will be required up front.
- As the client, you agree to give prompt, clear, and helpful feedback throughout the design process.
Design Process Policies
- After you have completed the Design Questionnaire and have provided materials, I will begin working on two (2) design options for you to choose from based on your answers, the mood board you sent, and my own experience and knowledge of design principles and trends.
- For website design orders, clients must submit the complete and final copy and images before the design work can start.
- After viewing the two (2) design options submitted to you, you must select one option, which may then be revised up to three (3) times until you are absolutely happy with the design. This applies for both logo design and web design projects.
- As the client, you agree to thoroughly review the designs, provide detailed feedback, and sign-off approval in a timely manner.
- Requests for additional drafts and versions will be charged depending on the amount of work involved.
- Once you, the client, give your approval on a design, the design is considered FINAL. Any changes made to the design after the site goes live will be subject to hourly charges or credited toward your given three (3) revisions.
- For websites, I will test the markup and CSS in current versions of all major browsers. Your theme will be tested on a live site prior to installing on your own site.
- You will have one week to preview the design on the test site and request for any additional edits to the layout of the pages. There is an add-on charge for extension beyond your one week timeframe.
- I do NOT provide support for Internet Explorer 6 and 7. These versions are now past the sell by date.
A Note on Hosting
For WordPress sites only: Prior to starting, you will need to have your domain and hosting set up and WordPress installed. I highly recommend utilizing your host’s support team to assist you with this process.
I work with sites on WordPress.org (not WordPress.com) which requires a custom domain and self-hosting. I personally recommend Siteground, DreamHost, HostGator, Blue Host and WP Engine as reliable hosts.
Please be sure that your chosen host supports the minimum requirements for WordPress.org sites. Note that ecommerce sites need a higher amount of data limits so be sure you have enough in your plan.
- In the event that you decide to independently edit or update your design project or website after completion of the site, note that Fancy Girl Designs will not be held responsible for any website/coding/design damages incurred by the client or agent of the client. If you need Fancy Girl Designs to do any repairs or corrections, these will be assessed at an hourly rate.
- Fancy Girl Designs is not required to keep a copy of all files used on the project once it's completed. Neither am I required to provide any native source files that I used in making them unless previously agreed on. An additional fee will be charged if you wish to obtain the source files and copyright thereof.
- Important note: Please be informed that any requests for updates or changes after a website, blog or e-commerce theme has been installed are welcome; however, Fancy Girl Designs will bill these at my hourly fee. Please only send these types of requests via email.
- Because my work involves creation of purely graphic material, NO REFUNDS are available for any reason.
- In the event that you are not satisfied with the design options presented, you agree pay me in full for all of the work that I have produced until that point. You may either cancel your project or continue to commission me to make further design revisions at my hourly rate.
- As with any work relationship, mutual respect is essential. In the unlikely event that the client becomes uncooperative, offensive, or disrespectful, I retain the right to terminate the project.
- All communication between Fancy Girls Designs and the client is done via email or skype chat (by appointment).
- I am a work-at-home mom living in Singapore and my schedule revolves around my kids. Because of this, I really prefer to communicate via email. I check my email multiple times throughout the day and respond to every email within the day, except on weekends. I absolutely reserve weekends for family time, so please do not expect me to do any work then.
- In the event that I do not hear from you within thirty (30) days via email, your project will be forfeited without notice, with no refunds available. If you wish to revive the project you will be charged the prevailing price and will have to make another downpayment to confirm the project.
Credits & Promotion
- Once the new design has been installed on the client's site, the client agrees to keep the link to Fancy Girl Design Studio until the theme is removed from the site in its entirety and no traces of all the elements I designed is left.
Designer retains the right to reproduce, publish and display the work in the Designer’s portfolios and websites, in galleries, design periodicals and other media or exhibits for the purposes of recognition of creative excellence or professional advancement, and to be credited with authorship of the work in connection with such uses.
Easy, yes? =) If you're ready to order, please fill out my inquiry form.
*Terms of Service are subject to change without notice.