Please have the following ready so we can finish your website on schedule:
A. Content (Please send them in properly labeled Dropbox folders. One folder per page, please.)
- List of pages for the site - please indicate which ones are subpages, which ones are top level.
- Copy for each of the pages (please send the complete and final copy). If you need help with this, let me know and I'll refer you to a talented copywriter. Scroll down for a quick guide on what you need for each page.
- Photographs/Images for each of the pages. Please send only high resolution professional quality photographs.
- Widgets - short Welcome intro, intro to mailing list form, and any badges you want to add
- Images for your portfolio gallery, in labeled folders (the folder name will be the portfolio entry title)
- List of fields for your contact form.
B. If you plan to have an integrated blog, please write at least 4 articles, with images, and post them directly to your WordPress site. Your site can be on maintenance mode in the meantime.
C. Logins and URLs
- Username and Password to your WP dashboard.
- Username and Password for your FTP account (you can get this from your hosting provider)
- URLs of your social media pages.
- Mailchimp form action code, or access to your verified Mailchimp account. Aweber or Convertkit also work.
- Homepage – you need a well-written welcome message that tells your visitors what you do, what your site is all about, and what makes you unique; you need a fabulous hero banner image that conveys your brand image, or several ones from your best work to showcase on a slider, a few well-chosen photos too if you want to feature important pages. Point them to a definite path while telling them why they are in the right place.
- About page – who you are, where you started out, what you do, why you do it, include at least one professionally-taken headshot of you, and maybe one behind the scenes photo too. This is not really about you, it's how you can serve them and why they need to hire you.
- Staff page – not applicable to everyone, but if you want to introduce everyone in your team, you need good headshots, and interesting bios.
- Sales/Services page – who needs you, why they need you, what you can offer; include one good image for every product offering. Describe all the ways they can work with you, and lead them to where they can reach you.
- FAQ – anticipate common questions and answer them here; at the very least have a headline image so the page is not all text
- Testimonials - praise and press you have received. You can also show awards and other accomplishments here.
- Contact page – aside from the contact form (plan which fields you need), try to include as many contact details as you can, a Google map of your location (if you have a physical store or office) would be useful too.