Please have the following ready so we can finish your website on schedule:
A. Content (Please send them in properly labeled Dropbox folders. One folder per page, please.)
- List of pages for the site - please indicate which ones are subpages, which ones are top level.
- Copy for each of the pages (please send the complete and final copy). If you need help with this, let me know and I'll refer you to a talented copywriter. Scroll down for a quick guide on what you need for each page.
- Photographs/Images for each of the pages. Please send only high resolution professional quality photographs.
- Widgets - short Welcome intro, intro to mailing list form, and any badges you want to add
- Images for your portfolio gallery, in labeled folders (the folder name will be the portfolio entry title)
- List of fields for your contact form.
B. If you plan to have an integrated blog, please write at least 4 articles, with images, and post them directly to your WordPress site. Your site can be on maintenance mode in the meantime.
C. Logins and URLs
- Username and Password to your WP dashboard.
- Username and Password for your FTP account (you can get this from your hosting provider)
- URLs of your social media pages.
- Mailchimp form action code, or access to your verified Mailchimp account. Aweber or Convertkit also work.
- Homepage – you need a well-written welcome message that tells your visitors what you do, what your site is all about, and what makes you unique; you need a fabulous hero banner image that conveys your brand image, or several ones from your best work to showcase on a slider, a few well-chosen photos too if you want to feature important pages
- About page – who you are, where you started out, what you do, why you do it, include at least one professionally-taken headshot of you, and maybe one behind the scenes photo too.
- Staff page – not applicable to everyone, but if you want to introduce everyone in your team, you need good headshots, and interesting bios.
- Sales/Services page – who needs you, why they need you, what you can offer; include one good image for every product offering
- FAQ – anticipate common questions and answer them here; at the very least have a headline image so the page is not all text
- Contact page – aside from the contact form (plan which fields you need), try to include as many contact details as you can, a Google map of your location (if you have a physical store or office) would be useful too.