One of my favourite tools to use on Adobe CC is the colour palette generator on Adobe Color. I can probably play with it all day! Have you tried it? If you have an Adobe CC account, you should be able to access its full features.
It’s super easy.
- Go to https://color.adobe.com/create/image and upload your image. In this sample, I’m using this pretty stock image from Haute Stock, my favourite stock image library.
2. It allows you to generate different color moods. The above one is Colorful.
There is also Bright:
See how cool it is? One image can generate 5 or more possible moods, depending on what you’re going for.
3. After you choose your color mood, give it a name, and save the palette in your library. Publish it in Adobe Color too, if you want public access to your color palette.
4. You can then download the file as ASE, for use in your Illustrator project.
5. Or you can also find the closest Pantone equivalents, and download that file.
Pretty cool tool, isn’t it?
Leave a Reply