because i really can’t leave well enough alone, i just spent an hour changing the icons in my imac. you would think i had nothing better to do with my time, right? =) having two external drives attached to my desktop (one for the time machine backups, the other one for important files that i’ll need for when i travel), i wanted a way to differentiate the two at a glance. renaming them wasn’t enough, of course, so i researched how to change icons.
- download icon sets. iconfinder has lots of fabulous free icons. so does deviantart.
- open each icon that you want to copy in preview.
- click edit, select all, copy.
- go to the folder that you want to paste the icon. right click, and choose get info
- click on the icon at the upper left, making sure it’s highlighted.
- click on edit, then paste.
and then of course, i thought, “why stop at two?!” so i changed all the icons in my main folder! see how pretty it now looks? =D