I was blown away when I saw these gorgeous images from my client’s styled shoot! Not only are they stunning, they are also perfectly aligned with her brand’s colours and overall aesthetic. This is one of the best examples of an on-brand styled shoot that I have ever seen.
Which brings me to today’s topic: what makes an effective styled shoot? How do you plan one for your website?
1. For any styled shoot or brand photoshoot, planning is always top down. Start with a concept – what story are you trying to tell? Make it captivating, something your ideal client will be drawn to. Create specific scenes within the story so you can plan the entire shoot script strategically.
2. Remember the mood board that you and your designer curated during your branding session? Use that for guidance and inspiration. Stay consistent with the aesthetic, the overall style. Is it romantic? Modern? Bold? Refined? This ensures that your images will convey your brand’s overall look and feel.
3. Aside from the overall style, be consistent with your brand’s colour palette. You need at least one gallery that you can use on your website’s pages that truly capture what your brand is all about, and colours are an important element. I love how this styled shoot was so on-brand, it’s like the mood board come to life!
4. Unleash your creativity. This is the time to do what you’ve always dreamed of, to show off your skills & creativity. You’re not limited by someone else’s requirements this time. Dream big, and make it happen!
5. Find a good photographer who is known for the visual style that you are trying to achieve. Collaborating with vendors who understand the overall goal is really crucial here. And if you do find them, the results are magical!
Having a set of stunning on-brand images will make your website look more polished and will give it a truly consistent and cohesive look. It will also make your own visual brand identity more memorable and distinct. You can also use them on social media to supplement all of the client work that you share.
Did you find these tips helpful? Save the image below or pin it!
Hair & MUA: @zoandcostyling
Models: @alinanadoyan & @nnakhayee