a new chance to do better, a new chance to be happy, a new chance to be the best you can be.
i have to admit that i’ve been dreading mondays ever since vito started in kinder 2. he has an english spelling test every monday, and we spend the entire weekend preparing for it. instead of going out and having fun, our weekends are busy reviewing for the test. monday is also the day when the husband comes home late because of a weekly report due on that day. so yes, mondays are always manic in our household.
if there’s one thing i can do to make it better, though, it would be a change in outlook. there’s no way i can change the schedule in vito’s school, or in the husband’s workload. and there’s certainly no way i can tell people not to email me on a monday, either. what i can change is the way i see things. so instead of whining about the stress, i’m going to think of something to look forward to every week.
here’s my list for this week:
- reading the magazines i subscribed to on the ipad. do you know that magazines look so much better on the ipad? the pictures are amazing! oh, and they’re interactive too, so the experience is on a whole different level! the best one for me, is the martha stewart living magazine for ipad. i give it 5 thumbs up (if i had 5 thumbs, of course!)
- doing one art project with vito. i’ve been too busy to spend some fun time with him in the past months. i promise to make time for fun starting this week.
- trying out at least one recipe from the book chelo sent me.
- designing at least 3 typography projects, to sell at my mom’s store.
- watching american idol! this is my not-so-secret vice. i love this season! all the contestants are really talented and it’s so exciting to see them perform. i also love the new judges. j.lo is such a pro! and steven tyler is so funny on his lucid days. =)
- a party on saturday! i still don’t have a clue what to wear. it’s a children’s party but the whole family is invited. i’m thinking jeans and a nice blouse with my new gladiator sandals? but what blouse? the white one with stitching around the neck? the brown and melon bohemian blouse? i’m so tempted to buy something new! aaargh. i should really stop spending. =)