I’ve been asked this question by clients a few times in recent weeks, so I’m posting a short tutorial here. Notice how in some wordpress blogs, you see an author box at the end of each post?It’s really useful, and really easy to set up. Here’s how.
1. First, sign up for a Gravatar to upload your picture.
2. Make sure the email address you use to sign up is the same email address you use to sign in to your wordpress account.
3. On your dashboard, go to Users>Your Profile.
4. Enter your information, and a short bio about yourself. Like this –
You can add text and html, so make the most of it.
5. When you scroll down a bit, you will see a box that says Enable Author Box on this User’s Posts. Click that. Save your settings.
You should see your author box at the end of your posts now, like so:
If you’re using one of my themes, custom or prepaid, the author box is already styled to match your overall look. If you want to change the styling, you’ll have to edit the css codes. This would be really useful for multi-author blogs, you just need to have a different account for every contributor.
Was this tutorial helpful to you? Share it!
arlene gonzales says
Really really love your site and all of your illustrations. Im new in this field of blogging but i really want to learn but sometimes im confused coz im “dinasour” on the terms and this blogging ha ha ha. I attended blogging 101 workshop that why i was able to put up this blissincrochet but…… im stock in making menu bar etc… i know how expensive your services but love all your works. sigh!!!
Hi Arlene! Who told you my services are expensive? 🙂
Hi Pat! Thank you for sharing another truly helpful tutorial, especially for someone like me very new to WordPress! I tried to do this on my account but apparently there is no Author Box option on mine. Would you know why and how I can go about it?
You’re welcome. I think your theme doesn’t support it. What framework are you using?