I’ve been asked this question by clients a few times in recent weeks, so I’m posting a short tutorial here. Notice how in some wordpress blogs, you see an author box at the end of each post?It’s really useful, and really easy to set up. Here’s how.
1. First, sign up for a Gravatar to upload your picture.
2. Make sure the email address you use to sign up is the same email address you use to sign in to your wordpress account.
3. On your dashboard, go to Users>Your Profile.
4. Enter your information, and a short bio about yourself. Like this –
You can add text and html, so make the most of it.
5. When you scroll down a bit, you will see a box that says Enable Author Box on this User’s Posts. Click that. Save your settings.
You should see your author box at the end of your posts now, like so:
If you’re using one of my themes, custom or prepaid, the author box is already styled to match your overall look. If you want to change the styling, you’ll have to edit the css codes. This would be really useful for multi-author blogs, you just need to have a different account for every contributor.
Was this tutorial helpful to you? Share it!