Pinterest is such an important tool for all of us, isn’t it? I lose track of time whenever I’m there. And yes, it really does drive traffic to your site.
There are so many “Pin It” button plugins out there, and I’ve tested quite a number before I discovered one that I love. It’s called the jQuery Pin It Button For Images. And it’s great! Easy to set up, easy to customize, and it’s free! Most importantly, it works with the latest version of WordPress.
Here’s how to add a custom pin it button to your own wordpress site: **
- Design your own button, or download the free set of pin-it buttons I created just for you, because you’re wonderful.
- On your wordpress dashboard, click Plugins.
- Click Add New.
- Search for jQuery Pin It Button For Images
- Click Install, then Activate. Once you’ve installed it, go to your Plugins page again, find the plugin, and click Settings.
- Look at the tabs above and click Visual.
- Click Custom Pin It Button and Upload Using Media Library.
- Upload your custom button.
- Save your settings.
Here’s a screenshot of my own settings.
**Please note that this tutorial is only for self-hosted WordPress blogs.
Dette Ramos says
Sigh… I really need to shift to a self-hosted blog soon
Hi, Just was trying to upload this cool pin it buttons, but for some reason it doesn’t work. I have the latest WP version (WordPress 4.3.1). Any suggestions? Thanks!
Alinta McMurdo says
Very helpful. I’m switching from blogger to wordpress and it’s all a bit overwhelming so posts like this are great.